Welcome back to Manor Farm B&B!
Over the past few months, we have looked on how opening will look like both for guests and for us to achieve the right balance of hospitality and sensible social distancing measures.
We have implemented additional measures to ensure you feel safe and secure when staying at Manor Farm.
We are confident that these extra cleaning steps and precautions make our B&B a safer place to stay, so that you can enjoy your time in The Cotswolds.
We have always had a high standard of service, housekeeping and health & safety.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic these standards have been enhanced.
The changes implemented are based on the guidance received from HM
Government, Public Health England and the National Health Service, supported by industry specific advice including from UK Hospitality.
Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance and advice, practices will be continuously reviewed and immediately updated. The information detailed below may therefore change without notice.
As we are managing a public health pandemic, only through the collective efforts of us and our Guests can we successfully combat the spread of Covid-19 and keep each other safe and healthy.
Lucy & her family will…
- wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) on a regular and frequent basis.
- follow official guidance on self-isolating.
- wear PPE as appropriate.
- follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain Social Distancing, wherever
If you have /have symptoms of Covid-19, please do not attend.
- At all times, please maintain Social Distancing from those not in your household.
- our bedroom has been cleaned with extra care and sanitised using an anti-viral
- Non-essential items have been removed to minimise any contamination risk.
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom.
- Due to the Covid-19 restrictions currently in place we will not be able to give you a farm tour but you are more than welcome to walk instead.
- If you feel you cannot achieve social distance while in our common areas, please feel welcome to use a face covering.
- Should you have concerns either before you arrive or during your stay related to the Covid-19 procedures or any other matter, please do get in contact with me.
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained. We have and will continue to ‘shop’ local whenever and wherever we can, supporting our local suppliers is important to us, and working with all of them to understand the safety measures that they are taking against COVID-19.
- Social distancing measures will be in place in all common areas.
- There will be an enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased
frequency in disinfection of high touch areas.
- Hand Sanitiser will be given to each guest upon arrival. Guests have access to hand washing facilities at all times in their own bedrooms.
- We won’t be servicing your rooms during your stay for the foreseeable future but will replenish tea/coffee/milk etc upon request.
- All bedding and towels will be sanitised by washing at the approved 60 degrees.
- Rooms will be ventilated the good old-fashioned way using fresh air with the windows open!
- Everything will be brought to you, from cutlery, crockery and condiments, freshly sanitised for your use.
- We have wipe-able menus which will be wiped and sanitised and will also be in your bedroom folder and on our website.
- Plates, glassware, and cutlery will have been washed in the dishwasher.
- Unless you are from the same family then you will be spaced away from other guests or you can ask for a different time to breakfast on your own.
- Hand washing is our number one priority in the kitchen.
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19, please do not come and we can rearrange another date for you to come.
- If you have been in contact with anyone who has/may have Covid-19 or has been asked to self-isolate, please do not attend.
- From the time of arrival until your departure, please maintain social distancing from those not in your household.
- You will be given hand sanitiser upon arrival.
- For as long as Boris “grounds us” or says we’re unable to re-open, we’ll of course look to rearrange your stay with us and where we’ve taken a deposit, we will offer a refund in full if you wish.
We very much look forward to welcoming old and new guest back to Manor Farm very soon and can’t wait to see you all again!
Lucy & family x